STUDENT HALL OF RESIDENCE, MANCHESTER
 
The North Wing of Hartley Hall was built as accommodation for seminary students in 1903 and was later used by students of the Royal Northern School of Music. The Grade II Listed building was completely refurbished 2010 with the addition of a new glass stair tower and lift, which also serves as the main entrance for the independently-operated Student Hall of Residence.
 
The Royal Suite, regulalrly used by a royal patron when visiting Manchester, contains new en suite facilities, shared kitchens and laundries and a private courtyard garden. The new lift, a ramp and deck to the courtyard, and some specially equipped rooms ensure that the new halls provide fully wheelchair accessible accommodation.
 
Insulation levels, heating, electrical, fire safety and security systems were renewed, and fibre optic broadband was connected to every room.