COMMUNITY HALL, WEST MIDLANDS
The Church Hall was originally built in 1913 and has been extended, not always sympathetically, several times. Although well used it currently suffers from inadequate disabled access and facilities, accommodation on several levels, inconvenient planning, and worn out fabric and services. The building is located in a Conservation Area
Proposals include extensions on the east side to provide new kitchens, toilets and meeting rooms and to improve internal circulation. Inappropriate flat roofed extensions are replaced with more sympathetic gabled forms.
The building fabric will be sensitively refurbished, with the opportunity taken to upgrade insulation. New building services installations will be incorporated